First thing you do before you go to PRC Iloilo is to photocopy your license twice(2) because photocopying it there would cost you more (Php 2.00 per page). After arriving at PRC, pay Php 70.00 at their "Multi-Purpose Cooperative Canteen" for the pictures. I think they won't accept pictures from outside sources because the picture I got had a PRC logo embedded in it. The picture usually takes 15-30 minutes before it becomes available.
After you get the pictures (4 copies), go to the information counter and ask for a renewal form (blue form). Fill up this form completely and the information you need to fill up here includes:
- Date Filed
- License Number
- Date of Exam
- Date of Registration
- Date Expired
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Application type (check box)
- Name (of course)
- and Signature
Don't forget that when you fill up the form, use a black pen and write in PRINT. You can actually get this blue form before having your picture taken so you can fill it up while waiting.
After completing the forms and pictures, glue one passport-sized picture on the blue form (Glue is readily available at the photocopiers, I just asked for some). Ask for a number to window 5 or 6 and wait in line, be a professional. At these windows, a PRC employee will fill-up the other parts of the blue form and she'll tell you to photocopy this completed form twice(2).
After getting two copies, go back to the information counter and ask for a number to the cashier. Pay Php 450.00 if you filed your renewal on time, if not, pay the surcharge of Php 30.00 for every month of delay. That's discipline for being irresponsible as a professional. Good thing I only payed Php 30.00.
You are now on your last step of the renewal process. Now go back again to the information counter and ask for a number to window 13. Just submit all the required papers and wait for your license. Waiting time is 3 to 4 months, welcome to the Philippines.
It took me less than an hour to process my renewal so here's my advice:
- Process your renewal early to avoid surcharges of Php 30.00 per month of delay
- Process your license renewal in the afternoon
- Photocopy your license twice(2)
- Bring a good black ball-point pen (Sign pens not allowed)
- Bring some glue, the photocopying man might run out of supply
- Bring some music player, it gets boring inside there
- Bring a comb and some make-up if you plan to post your photo on Facebook
- Don't forget - shorts, slippers, sleeveless, and spaghetti's are not allowed!
Copyright 2011 Notes on Hobbies | PRC License Renewal